Friday, September 13, 2013

From Mile 1990

9/8/13
Very long day for only doing 25 miles.  Started at 4am due to too much condensation in the tent.  Note, don't camp by a lake in a tent that is already wet.

I stopped around noon today and set the tent up to dry and laid out my gear to dry as well.  As I write this I am camping on a nice dry flat spot next to a lava field.  I'll attach a picture from the view out my tent.

Anyway feet are pretty sore due to pack weight and crossing this huge lava field isn't helping.  In the bright side the views have been spectacular and I've been taking video and pictures all day.

Till tomorrow!

Gator

Update
11:00pm - Just stepped outside to use the facilities.  The sky is wall to wall stars with the Milkyway forming a clear milky band right across it horizon to horizon.  Magnificent!

Wish my camera was able to capture it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow mcgrath08840 on Twitter