Monday, January 14, 2013

Update on Permits

I called the Office of Greenway & Trails.  They said you do not require a permit but that the campsites that belong to them were pay sites, $22 a night.  They informed me that the Florida Trail Association maintains free campsites for their members only so I have now bitten the bullet and bought a membership.  It is illegal to camp on the Greenway outside of a designated campsite so no choice in this matter.

I also got to take a very close look at the other maps and at least one area is only open to FTA members and you must show your id. 

The other place it says Permits are required is the Green Swamp.  I might just play this as I go.  I am not sure these requirements are accurate and with the FTA card I figure I should be mostly ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow mcgrath08840 on Twitter