Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Poncho Shelter for Florida National Scenic Trail




Getting ready to head out on the Florida National Scenic Trail for about a month.  I am going to do the East and West Central Trails which make a circle in central Florida meeting in the north in the Ocala National Forest and in the south just below Orlando.  Looks like a round trip of approximately 423 miles. 

I figure this is a great way to get in shape for the PCT(Pacific Crest Trail), work out the mechanics of carrying video equipment, and making sure my foot is up to taking the stress.  If the foot goes out I'd rather have it happen here than three thousand miles away.

This is my first crack at making a video with the camera.  The camera I have is pretty good, makes AVCHD videos.  Had to download a program to convert to AVI for the post.  Hopefully my film making skills will improve over the next month.  I really want to be able to come off the PCT with a quality product.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow mcgrath08840 on Twitter