Thursday, January 24, 2013

Calling this Hike Off

To much road walking.  Looks like a series of day hikes that have been linked together by road walks.  That's just to rough on the feet.

That being said the trail s very well marked, even the roads.

Return weight is 218 pounds so I lost 9 pounds in five days.  Was eating 1150 calories a day, one 8oz bar of cheese(Cabots) and one Builder Bar.

I am gong to try to stick with eating that light, minimal carbs.

From the looks of things I will have to seriously start working out.  The first few days were a real shock.   I can't start off in the desert in that condition.  It looks like my body knows what to do, lose weight fast.  Gonna work hard to get down to 200 pounds before leaving.

Might go out and do a series of 4-5 day hikes.  Good way to shock the system.

1 comment:

  1. So glad to find you hiking again! I did that Cross-Fl Greenways Land Bridge hike over a long weekend, but that was 15 years ago, when they had just built the bridge over 175, so your pix brought back good memories. It sucks that there is so much on-road hiking. Maybe you can try the Suwannee River area? It is the prettiest part of the FNST. Again, you might need a permit, but it would be much more forest hiking and much less road. Ocala national Forest area ought to be good this week, perhaps a little too hot, so watch for ticks. I hope things go well for you, because I really want to see you out on the PCT with that awesome video camera.

    ReplyDelete

Follow mcgrath08840 on Twitter