Sunday, January 13, 2013

Pre Hike Status

Heading out in a few hours. 

Current Body Weight 227 Pounds.

I am always amazed at how much weight I lose hiking. 

Not bringing video equipment at this time.  Concealed Carry permit did not come in yet so can't risk losing the video camera to bandits.  As it is I am taking a rather large risk.  There are a lot of homeless living in the woods down here.  Mostly people down on their luck but there are also a lot of outlaw and serial killer types.  If I disappear I guess you know what happened.  That or I am Alligator Crap! :)

Pack with food and water is about 35.  I can probably get away with carrying less water as long as there are potable water sources available so will try to get away with carrying only two quarts/litters.  That will put me at 31 pounds which is good.  Also that weight will drop as I eat up the food I am carrying.  This is after all a get in shape hike.

Well, wish me luck.  I will try to post pictures from my Droid like I did for the Appalachian Trail.  No hostels on this trail that I am aware of so battery power might become an issue.  Going to try to stop at a motel once a week to clean up and charge batteries.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck Mike. Also watch out for any Skunk Apes.

    ReplyDelete

Follow mcgrath08840 on Twitter