Friday, October 8, 2010

South of Port Clinton

Getting out of Port Clinton was a disaster.  Took 2 hours and 4 miles of walking to find the South bound trail head.  Ren gave up and decided to yellow blaze to the next town.  She was also out of supplies and Port Clinton had none.  For that matter I have one days food left so will eventually have to hitch into a town for groceries.  Very disappointed in Port Clinton.  Oh well, keep on keeping on!

NOTE: Avoid Port Clinton if you possibly can. I mailed some items home from the post office there and they disappeared. That is the only time that happened to me on the whole trail. Also the people at the hotel in town treated me like dirt. I heard later that my friend Lama had his pack stolen in town. Just stay away.

I found out later that the trail actually ran under the bridge at the highway. You have to crawl under the overpass. It wasn't marked at all. The trail picks up behind the train station in Port Clinton. Keep this in mind if you are doing the hike SOBO. It will save you a lot of grief.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow mcgrath08840 on Twitter