Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Free State Hiker's Hostel

I checked into the Free State Hikers Hostel.  Pretty nice place although I can't get their phone to work to order pizza nor their computer.  My phone won't work here either.

That being said, I checked in because I think I am starting to have problems related to losing to much weight.  I zero'd the scale here and weigh 175.  That is a five pound loss since last Friday.  Today I had major difficulty climbing hills that normally wouldn't be a problem.  I am going to try to rest up an re-evaluate the situation when I reach Harpers Ferry.  That may very well be the end of the line for this year.

NOTE: I am sure I was suffering from borderline hypothermia at this point. The next day I did twenty miles no problem. This was the closest point I came to being in serious trouble out on the trail. The fact is I actually walked right across the road this Hostel was on and only luckily caught myself before I went to far. This was a very close call.

2 comments:

  1. I'm thinking I was borderline hypothermia. Did 20 miles next day on same diet. I'll have to be more careful about hiking in shorts and tea shirt on cold, wet and windy days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In all fairness to the hostel, they only charged me $15.00 for my stay. They didn't realize the phones were offline. Very fair deal.

    ReplyDelete

Follow mcgrath08840 on Twitter