Thursday, October 21, 2010

Harpers Ferry

Finally made it and just checked in to the Town Inn.  Was also able to get new hiking pants at the outfitter here.

I stopped by the Appalachian Trail Conservancy (ATC) to register my hike and have my picture taken.  I am only the 94th South Bounder this year.  The fellow at the ATC said there are only about a hundred of us in a year where the NOBO's are around 1400.

NOTE: A quick update here. A recent article in the Star Ledger said that only 13 SOBO's were able to complete the trail in 2010. This winter is turning into one of the worst I can remember. It's to bad too because there were quite a few good and dedicated people who went very far.

I knew I was walking to slow to finish before January so it wasn't going to happen. You get very good at estimating the distance you can travel after about the first 500 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow mcgrath08840 on Twitter