Monday, October 4, 2010

Palmerton Hostel

I have spent this rainy day in Palmerton at a Hostel run by the town.  It is free to long distance hikers and located in the basement of borough hall.  Hikers have use of the bathroom and shower facilities.

I spent the day looking for new hiking pants but couldn't find a pair.  Unfortunately the town does not have an outfitter.  My current hiking pants have the lower leg parts off and I have been wearing them as shorts.  With the recent cold spell I went to zip on the lower leg parts to find the zipper missing for the left leg.  I wound up hiking through the woods in my khaki shorts with black long johns underneath and big woolly socks on.  I figure I must have looked like a 1980's high school girl going to aerobics class.  I'm glad no bears saw me!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow mcgrath08840 on Twitter