Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Rain Hike

Did 10 out of Palmerton in a total down pour.  Caught up with Lama, see picture.  Stopping early as it really sucks hiking in the rain.

We are all basically cold and wet right now and hoping this rain breaks tomorrow.

NOTE: This was a pretty funny day. I walked ten miles in the pouring rain cursing the whole way. You do that to keep yourself going when it gets bad. Anyway for the last few miles all I could think of was how great it was going to be to get to the shelter and out of the rain. When I got to the shelter I ran down there thanking God to finally get out of the down pour. I reach the front of the shelter to find about twenty Amish women standing there, half completely jammed into the shelter and the other half standing in the rain. These gals were the real deal, black dresses and big clog like shoes. They had one male chaperon. It turns out it was one of the matriarchs 79th birthday and she wanted to go hiking so that is what they were doing. Of course the first words out of my mouth were "Jesus Christ!"

I immediately felt bad about it but man did I need to get in that shelter. Then I hear from the middle of that crowd a voice yell "Hey Gator!" It was my buddy Lama in the middle of twenty Amish gals. Luckily they were just in for lunch and I was able to get under shelter after about twenty minutes. Wish I took a picture, it was a hilarious site.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow mcgrath08840 on Twitter