Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Woodstock, VT

I hitched into Woodstock this afternoon.  I am clearly hitting the wall right now and need to rest up.  I was hoping to get a few more days on the trail in but have to stop right now.

On the brightr side I have run into a large group, between six and eight, other south bounders, SOBO, for short.  Several are just as sore as I am.  I have analyzed the problem and believe the increased foot soreness is related to the increased pace, no surprise there, and also having to walk on asphalt as some of the trail is along the road in parts.  I noticed on the easier trail I have a tendency to slap my feet down when going fast.  I definitely have to rein that in.

Anyway Woodstock is beautiful and it's a nice sunny day.  I know I shouldn't but I am going to walk around and check out some of the sites.  Will post anything that looks interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow mcgrath08840 on Twitter