Tuesday, August 31, 2010

New Boots

Picked up a pair of new boots in Manchester at the Mountain Goat outfitters. Matt, the outfitter there took a good look at my feet and spent a considerable amount of time working with me on getting a good fit and customizing the orthontic inserts.  Hopefully my foot problems will ease up after a few weeks.  Mileage will be down while I break in the boots and get use to the inserts.

NOTE: Ok. Let's talk boots. I have a very wide foot and nothing on the trail fit right including the Scarpa's pictured here. I have since ordered a pair of New Balance 1500's EE's which fit great. That being said I walked 900 miles in these Scarpa's and they held up very well. In fact I have no doubt they would make it the last 800 miles. Very tough and durable boot. My only complaints would be the fit and they are heavy. My friend Lama told me that every pound on your foot is equivalent to 5 pounds in your pack and I believe him. So get a good fit and go light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow mcgrath08840 on Twitter