Sunday, August 22, 2010

Hanover, NH

Made it to the outskirts of Hanover last night and camped in the mosquito infested woods behind the soccer stadium where camping is permitted.  I am looking for a reasonable motel to spend the night and rest the feet.  It is starting to rain and looks to be a miserable day.  A good day to take a zero after two big days out.

I ran into Little Engine/Marcus yesterday.  I was hiking with him and his father through the wilderness.  Marcus didn't look good. He has lost far to much weight and told me he had the flu for the last 5 days but felt better now.  I encouraged him to take some rest days and eat up.  You can't let yourself lose that much weight out here.  You have no fat reserves if something should happen and your immune system becomes compromised.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow mcgrath08840 on Twitter