Thursday, July 4, 2013

Ten Days - South Lake Tahoe

Well, it's been a rough ten days.  We had a bad rain storm coming out of Tolumene Meadows that lasted two days.  I still managed 20 miles a day but it took its toll on my adrenaline.

When the rain cleared out we had two days of dealing with swollen rivers.  This meant fording about five rivers a day for two days.

One I foolishly forded when I could have shimmied across a log almost cost me dearly.  Won't do that again.

Anyway, less views and more forest walking.  I am trying to save the phones battery so I cab use Half-Miles GPS app.  The trail out here is poorly marked if marked at all.  This GPS app works in airport mode and let's you know where you are on the trail to within 16 feet.  A real life saver.

The pictures are of Lake Tahoe from the Pacific Crest Trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow mcgrath08840 on Twitter