Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Proof of Life

Sorry for any worry my lack of recent contact caused.  Kennedy Meadows didn't have cell access.  They had a pay phone but I wrongly figured I'd get access before my cell battery died.

Extremely remote now.  Had to hike 9 miles off trail over Kearsarge Pass to get to a trail head.  Then hitch 15 miles down the mountain to Independence, CA. 
Nothing here so heading to Bishop in the morning.

Finally filled my 64 gig memory stick and mailed that home today.  Have video that will knock your socks off.

Unfortunately my phone was out the last few days so you will have to wait till my next stop to see the High Sierras.  Unbelievable!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Gator,

    It was nice to meet you today. Thanks for sharing some of your thru-hiker wisdom. It's nice to see you made it out of Onion Valley. Best of luck to you.

    Cheers, Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mike! It's great you found my blog. I'm in Bishop and heading back to the trail tomorrow. Hope to hear from you again.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete

Follow mcgrath08840 on Twitter