Friday, September 17, 2010

Stealth Campsite

Unfortunately in NY the shelters and official campsites are to close to the roads.  The site I planned to stay at already had people blasting music and fighting with a guys girlfriend at 5:20pm.  It is Friday so I hiked on and came across this site a few miles out.  I'll have to probably do likewise tomorrow as I will be at Bear mountain by the end of the hiking day.

NOTE: A few days later I ran into Mega Moe and his wife Raggedy Muffin. These two were young newly weds from Georgia who were doing the trail for their Honeymoon. Great people by the way. Anyway they did stop at the site I had misgivings about and had a blast. They said there were about forty people there having a huge barbecue and they fed em and shared copious amounts of beer with them. Oh well I missed out but better safe than sorry when you are out there on your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow mcgrath08840 on Twitter